BGMI Holi Dhamaka Update 1.9.0 Update Patch Released
Sky Islands and a new vehicle, the Bicycle, will be included in Update 1.9.0.
Krafton has just released details for the much-awaited Holi Dhamaka Update 1.9.0 for BGMI, which includes a slew of new features. In honour of the festival, the update features a new Holi Dhamaka theme mode.
The theme will be available on Erangel, and players may access it by hitting the arrow button in the bottom-right corner of the screen, which is located under the 'Ranked' tab. In addition, Sky Islands will appear in both Erangel and Livik.
These islands will arise as you parachute out of the plane and will have a variety of terrain elements. One island contains an Egyptian-style pyramid, while the other has a winter-themed ice castle. Players will be able to scavenge coins on the island and use them once they arrive on the ground once they have landed.
BGMI Update Holi Dhamaka 1.9.0 Early Patch Notes
View this post on Instagram
New Theme Mode: Holi Dhamaka
- New Theme Mode available on Erangel
Holi Dhamaka: Sky Island
- Players will be able to plunder coins by parachuting from a plane and landing on the Sky Islands.
- Players' heads will be converted into circles upon landing, and the circle will grow in size with each strike.
- Sky Islands will only be able to stay in the air for a short duration. The Islands will fall to the ground if the timer runs out, taking the player with them.
- The player's head will begin to float away from the surface after it has grown to its maximum size. By shooting at the player, teammates can save him. If the player fails to do so, the player will tumble to the ground.
- Each Sky Island is divided into four sectors, each with a different hue of Hex Shop coin. You can collect coins faster if you loot coins that are the same colour as your character's face. Around Sky Island, transformation gadgets allow you to change the hue of your character's face.
Holi Dhamaka: Vibrant Plaza/Camp
- Around Erangel, Rainbow Plaza and Camp will appear.
- In these zones, new terrains will arise, as well as new interactable entities.
- Crates will appear if you interact with certain things. Please notice that the Army Base is listed on the mini-map as a site where you can scan for spawning vehicles.
- In BGMI, New Playground will be showcased. Platforms have been added around the area to allow for mobility as the Playground has grown in size. You can travel around more quickly if you use these platforms.
Holi Dhamaka: Bicycle
- A new vehicle, the bicycle, is introduced at Rainbow Square and Camp.
- It is faster than sprinting and allows you to jump higher, making it tactically useful. However, because you cannot use your weapons while riding a bicycle, you may become vulnerable to an opposing attack.
On the official BGMI blog, linked here, you can read the whole early patch notes preview.